The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is a single gear juicer that features an ultra quiet 240-watt motor. Unlike centrifugal juicers that shred fresh produce at high speed, this juicer squeezes fruits and vegetables at 80rpm.
This means that you are getting the maximum amount of juice, nutrients and fiber. What makes the Breville BJS600XL stand out is its vertical design. It doesn’t take up a lot of space on the kitchen countertop.
If you haven’t made up your mind about this juicer yet, I suggest you read the comprehensive review below. I included the unit’s best features as well as the disadvantages pointed out by real users. Reading different slow juicer reviews will help you decide whether the Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is right for you or not.
Quiet Motor and Space-Saving Design
Many juicers can be annoyingly loud but not the Breville Slow Juicer. With its 240-watt ultra quiet motor, you do not have to worry about waking up the entire household when you use it early in the morning. This machine operates quietly but it has a powerful low speed extraction. The juicer’s space-saving design is another great feature that is worth mentioning. If you don’t have a lot of counter space then you are going to love this upright juicer.
Easy Cleanup and Safe Start System
Cleaning this juicer couldn’t be simpler. If you want to flush out the dry pulp between making different kinds of juice, all you have to do is pour 1 to 2 cups of water while the motor is running and the machine will do the cleaning for you. The best part is that you do not have to disassemble the entire machine. The Breville BJS600XL is equipped with safe start system which prevents the machine from starting up unless all parts are locked in. In case of an overload, the machine will automatically stop.
Features and Specifications
- With the machine’s slow juicing speed (80rpm), your juice will have more nutrients and fiber
- The Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer’s vertical design will allow you to save more space on your kitchen counter. The indentation on the body serves as a handle, making it easy for the user to move the machine
- Clean up is so easy- just pour water through the chute while the motor is running and the machine will clean itself
- The machine comes with a silicon wiper blade. This attachment spins when the juicer is operating to remove any pulp that sticks out of the strainer. This will ensure that the juice continues to flow smoothly
- The 240-watt motor runs quietly which means you can make yourself a glass of juice anytime without disturbing anyone’s sleep
- The two-step safety start system requires you to assemble all parts and lock the lid in place before operating the juicer
- This juicer features a reverse direction control that will bring fruits and vegetables back up if they get jammed inside the machine
- It comes with a 10-year induction motor warranty
Customer Reviews and Scores
The Breville BJS600XL is perfect for people who like their juice smooth with some pulp but with less froth and for those who do not want a bulky kitchen appliance. As of this writing, this juicer has received 218 customer reviews and has a rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Although the majority of the Breville BJS600XL Masticating Juicer reviews are positive, I’d still like to mention what some reviewers didn’t like about the juicer so you can decide if the negative points are significant for you. A number of reviewers said that the Breville BJS600XL is a knock off of the Omega VRT350 Heavy Duty Dual-Stage Vertical Single Auger Low Speed Juicer. Almost all the parts are identical. According to one user, these machines are made in the same factory.
This may not pose a problem for some people because their primary concern is how the juicer works. One reviewer said “I really liked this juicer and have used it consistently for 2 months. Unfortunately last night it started to smoke while using it and it died”. This seems to be an unusual case as I have not found another reviewer who said the same thing.
Most users are very happy with the machine and said “If you really want the best juicer and don’t want to research all of them, this is the one to buy trust me, used them all and this works the best”, “I get a very small amount of pulp that is quite dry from it” and “Works great even with hard foods”.
Overall, Breville BJS600XL Fountain Crush Masticating Slow Juicer is a great juicer that will give you the most out of your fresh fruits and vegetables. Users love how the machine can clean itself without requiring disassembly. Most reviewers are pleased with their purchase and that makes it easy for me to recommend this juicer to others.